GDPR and Data Subject Rights
The NHSR takes data security and confidentiality very seriously. Data entered about patients and users will only be used for the purpose of the registry, it will never be shared with a third party or used for any form of communication not related to the function of the data base.
The GDPR gives individuals rights which are detailed below:
- Right to be informed: NHSR tells patients and users what data of theirs is being collected with a consent document, it will only be used for purpose of registry, data will only be kept as long as required and it will never be shared with any third parties.
- Right of access: Patients and users of NHSR have the right to request a copy of the information that NHSR holds on them.
- Right of rectification: Patients and users of NHSR have the right to correct data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: Patients and users of NHSR can ask us to erase any personal data that is stored on them and we will immediately comply.
- Right of portability: individuals can request that NHSR transfers any data that it holds on them to another company.
- Right to restrict processing: Patients and users of NHSR can request that we limit the way it use personal data.
- Right to object: Patients and users of NHSR have the right to challenge certain types of processing, any communication from NHSR will only be related to the registry.
- Rights related to automated decision making, including profiling: Patients and users of NHSR can ask us to provide a copy of its automated processing activities if they believe the data is being processed unlawfully. Patients and users of NHSR are free to exercise their rights and ask us to explain how we can do this.
The Website and its webpages are operated by Riviera Surgery LLP, a company registered in England and Wales. Our registered office is: Westbury Hill, Bristol, Avon, BS9 3QA. Our company registration number is OC429838. Riviera Surgery LLP is a registered Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under registration number ZA645133. This means that we are responsible for, and control the processing of, the personal data we collect about patients and users. Details of Riviera Surgery LLP notification to the regulator for data protection, may be found in the ICO’s Public Register of Data Controllers at www.ico.org.uk. Riviera Surgery LLP is registered and data safety regulated by Care Quality Commission (CQC), (CQC CRT-9418357166), Riviera Surgery LLP is registered with NHS Digital and compliant with Data Security and Protection (NHS Digital- C9G2R).